Opening the Doors
at Ivoryton Library
- Our hours will be Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm, Wednesday: 9am-8pm, Saturday: 9am-12noon
- Porch Pick-up will still be available during these hours, if you prefer. (See below)
»The library will be open for basic circulation only: quick browse and checkout. We ask that you please do not linger in our small library, to keep staff and other patrons safer. Please maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from one another.
»The use of a mask is required in the building at all times, per library policy*. If you are unable to wear a mask, we are happy to help you remotely using our Porch Pick-up Service. Please call 860-767-1252.
»Please place all returns in the book drop on the porch, whether you are entering the building or not. This allows us to more easily quarantine incoming materials.
»Only one computer will be available, again for a short use only, limited to 15 minutes. Please call if you would like to reserve a time slot to use it. You may use it as a drop-in if no one has reserved it.
»Families, please be aware that there will be no toys, crafts or computers available in the Children’s Rooms.
»Use of the bathroom now requires a key. Please ask at the Children’s Librarian desk.
The library will be following requirements set out by the State of CT in its Sector Rules for operational and building safety.
- Acrylic shields are installed
- Disinfecting is increased
- Staff is monitored for illness
- Furniture is moved to allow for social distancing
These guidelines are subject to change as the situation changes.
*The Ivoryton Library Association Patron Behavior Policy states: “The Library staff has the right to enforce current federal, state, and local guidelines/rules/laws regarding public health and safety matters. For example, the staff may require the wearing of face masks while on Library premises during a viral outbreak.”
Ivoryton Library Porch Pickup
- Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm, Saturday: 9am-12noon.
- To request library materials, patrons may call the Library at 860-767-1252 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Library staff member will gather the requested materials, check them out, put them in a bag, and label it with your last name. We will then contact you to let you know that your materials are ready and determine a pick-up time.
- Bag will be placed on a table on the Library’s porch at pick-up time.
- If you would like us to deliver to your car, please call us when you arrive and describe your car.
- We will make every effort to fulfill your request based on item availability.
- You can always check item availability by using our Library Catalog at ivorytonlibrary.org
- Items must be returned in the Book Drop. Items will be quarantined for 96 hours before being checked in.
1.) Need a jigsaw puzzle? Tell us and we can add one to your order. We also have a supply of crossword puzzle books. These are free, do not need to be checked out or returned.
2.) We can pull a selection of books for you based on your preference. Up to 3 adult, teen or juvenile chapter books and up to 10 picture books.
3.) We have a great many used books. We would be happy to include some in your order if you can give us an idea of what you would like.
4.) We carry the latest 5-10 issues of the following magazines:
- Better Homes and Gardens
- Consumer Reports
- Cottages and Bungalows
- Country Home
- Country Living
- Country Gardens
- Connecticut Explored
- Connecticut Wildlife
- Connecticut Woodlands
- Do It Yourself
- HGTV Magazine
- Magnolia Journal
- Martha Stewart Living
- Mystery Scene
- Preservation Connecticut News
- Real Simple
- This Old House